On my journey towards mindfulness, I am learning to embrace the messy and the moments that I may not be so proud of. A good place to start is acknowledging my imperfections, and what better way than to share them with you! (Plus, you can get to know a girl quickly if you know her short-comings.)
- I get “hangry” really quickly.
- I hardly ever make my bed.
- Either my makeup or my hair is done–never both.
- Sometimes I forget to say I’m sorry.
- I say sorry too much.
- I am at least 5 minutes late to almost everywhere I go.
- I compare myself to others.
- I’m selfish.
- There are at least 5 clothing items on my bedroom floor at all times.
- I don’t remember things very well, even if they happened last week.
- My first inclination is to judge a book by it’s cover.
- I do not like math.
- I have to actively choose to love others, each and every day.
- I do not always love others well.
- I feel the most like myself when I have had coffee.
- I can’t sit still for very long.
- One of my pet peeves is when people do not listen to what other people say.
- I forget to wear sunscreen a lot.
- I don’t, and will never have, the “perfect summer body.” Whoops.
- I spend a lot of time planning out what I want to do rather than actually doing it.
- I do not know what I am going to be doing next week, let alone after I graduate.
- I really like being independent, but I love when others care for me too.
- I’m more sensitive than I should be.
- I can waste a day easier than I’d like to admit.
- My mind is often on things of this world, and not on things above.
- I am impulsive, especially with my money.
- I try to “do it all” and it never works.
- I get bored and distracted easily.
- I forget to text people back all the time.
- I seek out others’ approval.
Here’s some bloopers for you too 🙂
Alright, so I was vulnerable–now it’s your turn. What are some of your short comings and are you in the process of coming to accept them?