Twenty-seventeen was a year with some high “highs” and low “lows.” Here is a list of the ones I remember.
- I started the year off in Hawaii with my family.
- I started a blog (the one you are reading!)
- I told my friends about this blog.
- I drove to California three times with the same two friends.
- I drank at least one cup of coffee everyday.
- I went to brunch at least a dozen times. Some of my favorite places were The Henry, Prep and Pastry, and Goodness.
- I volunteered in a fifth grade classroom for a semester.
- I struggled with comparing myself to others and to the person who I have always wanted to be.
- I began to work out and exercise in order to be healthy and strong, not skinny.
- I read over 20 books for fun.
- I worked my first black Friday shift at a busy retail store.
- I procrastinated on too many projects and papers.
- I got my passport renewed.
- I realized I am more sensitive and prone to feel emotions than I thought I was.
- I turned 20 years old.
- I went to Disneyland with two of my best friends.
- I found myself seeking contentment and satisfaction in things that were not satisfying, such as relationships, experiences and physical stuff.
- I had to take my car in for car-related things (still don’t know much about cars) at least 5 times.
- I took quite a few road trips with friends (Sedona, Disneyland, Los Angeles, Pason, etc.)
- My friend visited me from Chicago and I got to show her around my state. Around 5 months later, I visited her in Chicago and she showed me around hers.
- I got a camera and took over 4,000 photos.
- I got in a car accident. It was my fault, but no one was hurt.
- I met other bloggers from Tucson.
- I went to at least three concerts.
- I filled two journals.
- I became a Bible study leader.
- I struggled with anxiety and experienced my first panic attack.
- I started working at Anthropologie.
- Several brands including Jord watches, Tobi and Bootay Bag reached out to me and I was able to collaborate with them.
- I went kayaking twice.
- I struggled with singleness and I desired to be known, pursued, and loved.
- I went to Guatemala and got to share the love of Christ with kids while I was there.
- I stood by my sister as she got married.
- I went to three weddings.
- I started being a part of my worship team at my church.
I have felt so much joy and so much confusion this year. I have laughed until I have cried and cried until I laughed. I have had tough conversations with friends, but the ones who have stuck around have proved to be some of the best friends I could ask for. I learned more about who God is and what His truth says and who He says I am. I have been so strong at times and in deep need of help, guidance, and my mom in other times. I have had great moments, and I have had some sucky moments, but then again, that’s just called life.
How was your 2017?