I’ve found a lot of new music lately, from suggestions from other people, mindlessly searching through Spotify playlists, and from rediscovering old jams I used to love.
I thought I would share it with you all, to give you all something new to listen to or a new artist to check out! New year, new music!
- “Ain’t It Fun” — Paramore: This song has always been and will always be one of my favorite songs to listen and jam out to. It talks about the reality of growing up and realizing that adulting is full of bittersweet moments, and at this age, I am learning this to be true more and more each day.
- “I Will” — Michael Bernard Fitzgerald: Everyone loves a love song. I love the simplicity of this song and I can’t get enough of this artist’s unique voice.
- “Wake Me” — The Bleachers: just a quality song that I’ve been listening to over five times a day because it is only 2 minutes and 30 seconds long
- “Buttercup” — Hippo Campus: Recently discovered this band and I like them a lot! Not gonna lie, I started listening to them because I loved their punny band name. This was the first song that I listened to by the band and now I can’t stop.
- “Waste a Moment” — Kings of Leon: Recently rediscovered this old favorite of mine (old as in last year) and I love it for all the same reasons. Also, it is just a reminder that I can take time to “waste” time, or, in other words, live in the moment.
- “Capable” — The Wild Reeds: This is the year I turn 21 and this song references a girl who is 21 and how she is capable of much more than she thinks. That’s the kind of attitude I want to go into my 21st year with.
- “That’s What I Like” — Bruno Mars: it’s a really catchy song that makes me want to dance (but we all know that wouldn’t be a good idea)
- “So Will I (100 Billion X)” — Hillsong United: This song says what my heart often fails to, “I will praise you because of who You are, what You have done for me, and because You loved me first.”
Those are my top songs that I have been listening to on repeat for the last couple of days and that I will most likely be choosing to listen to for the rest of this month! What are some songs you have been loving lately? I would love a song suggestion or two!